Wednesday 24 December 2014

Grocery Shopping Online

Hello!

Today I am going to talk about something that has grown increasingly popular- grocery shopping online.

Whilst I wasn't a fan of this at first, I could appreciate the convenience it had for people, especially those who couldn't get out and about easily, or if you were a big business wanting to do a bulk buy. From my first experience (this was with Asda) I didn't have a good experience, because I didn't have assistance with taking the bags upstairs to my studio flat (which was up 4 flights of stairs, and I was pregnant!), most of my items were substituted, and the fact that I have to spend a minimum of £25 (now £40, by the way) didn't appeal to me and cost me £6 to have it delivered, because at the time I was living by myself and only spent a maximum of £20 a week on my food shopping in person.

Anyway- I moved to an area where there was literally NO big supermarkets, only express shops, which is an expensive way to spend money on food long-term and I couldn't travel to the town centre every week as it was costing me £2.90 a week, and I was 9 months pregnant and was pretty worried that my waters would break in public, so at that time, online was the way to go.

So I curled up on the sofa with my fiancee and browsed Tesco online and was pleasantly surprised- I was able to buy quite a lot of items with the budget I had in mind (as I always bought shop branded) and always had at least £5 left to spend, and saved me £20 every week in comparison to shopping in Tesco express.

Also, the price promise that is going on these days has proven to be a godsend, as they email  you codes on discounts for future purchases, which for Christmas, was very useful, as I had saved £16 in one shop thanks to this.

If you have yet to try out food shopping online, then I will give you my 3 top tips:

Plan ahead

Shopping online can be just as, or even more distracting than shopping in person, as there are deals EVERYWHERE, ready to tempt you into buying things that you don't need, so create a shopping list and a realistic budget.

Select a weekday evening

If at all possible- you could pay at least £1 by doing this, which was much cheaper than travelling to buy the things I need at a bigger supermarket.

Collect points

Get a clubcard and register it- every few months you could get a money off voucher which you can use against other purchases.

I hope you find this helpful!

Ify Katherine xo

No comments:

Post a Comment